Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bosom Buddies

So, here are the aforementioned sock yarn and mohair that I plan to use together on some sort of lacy little thing. So sweet, my Toronto yarn and my Texas yarn, coming together to make something wonderful! Awwww... I'm thinking small a lacy cowl/hood. There's about 225 yards of the mohair and 290 of the wool so that should be just about right.

My other Texas yarn, the linen, has been frustrating me to no end!! I started a project, not once but twice, only to tear it all out. The first time because I realized I would run out of yarn if I made the bag that big, the second time because I somehow managed to twist when I joined the round and realized about 20 rows in that I was making a mobius. Not really my intention. I rewound the linen back into a ball and have set it aside for the moment.

My current project: Manly Legwarmers!


I was talking to my dad a week or two ago (he's a blog reader! yea!) and he mentioned his workspace is quite freezing year round. He manages to dress for the climate in most ways but his legs are always cold. Thus the idea for the manly legwarmer was born. Made from soft, easy care Microspun by Lionbrand, it's a quick knit in the round on #5 double pointed needles. The other one should be done in the next few days and then I'll put up a pattern. It looks like one skein will do it but keep your fingers crossed for me, will ya?

No comments: