Friday, March 28, 2008

Hola from Texas!

Well, I haven't blogged much while I've been away but it's because I'm keeping busy! We're working 9 or 10 hour days here at the Alley and I've got a long list of restaurants to eat at, bars to go to, and shopping to do.

I did make it to a local yarn store here called Yarns 2 Ewe where I picked up a couple special somethings. Luckily it was Easter and they were having a sale. You got to pick an easter egg out of the basket and your discount percentage was inside. Woo hoo!

First I grabbed 2 skeins of linen in a lovely, springy, grassy sort of color. I'm thinking I'll use it to finally make a bag with these round, bamboo handles I've had for the last year and a half. Next a single skein of mohair that almost perfectly matches the teal sock yarn I bought last December in Toronto. Since I don't actually make socks I'd been planning to make a little lacy scarf out of it and this mohair will give it a special touch.

All in all I got out of there for around $35 (less than my pre-imagined limit) and bought 2 fibers I've never worked with before. Quite a success.

Okay, back to work for me. I'm looking forward to my final weekend in Houston and will be traveling back to Buffalo next Wednesday. Then I can assemble the Eat Your Veggies sweater and get the pattern up. Excellent!

No comments: