Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Knitjenious: the unemployment edition!

So, with my new-found free time I've been knitting away. Here's a photo of the Boat Neck Sweater from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits For Beginners I whipped up for a friend's baby ... too bad she's not due until September. How many times will I change my mind and make something else for her? Knowing myself I'm betting on 3.

This was a pretty easy pattern, 2 rectangles for the front and back, a little basic shaping on the sleeves. The seaming was a real pain and I do wish I'd read the Ravelry comments about the pattern first: many people seemed to say the pattern instructions result in a sweater that is proportionally too wide for its length and I'm afraid that might be true of this sweater too. I guess I'll get to find out in about 6 and a half months!

And, at long last, here are a few photos of my Kathmandu DK shrug.









It looks pretty funny all laid out like this but it's nice and cozy when you put it on! Should come in handy for those chilly spring and fall evenings. I like it, even if Fabulous Boyfriend's response was "where's the rest of it?" :)

Next week on Knitjenious: Join Jen as she travels back to Texas for a few weeks to work as an artisan at the Alley Theatre. Margaritas, Mexican food, and mayhem!

2 comments:

knitica said...

Oh man, baby sweaters are always so darn cute! And I love your shrug. Tell the boyfriend that it is cleverly engineered to keep your shoulders warm without covering up the good stuff. I'm sure he'll understand.

knitica said...

p.s. Congrats on work at the Alley!