Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blocking Day

It's like Boxing Day, only completely different!

Today I blocked the manly leg warmers and an ear warmer I made on the way back from Indianapolis. Maybe I will actually get around to putting up a pattern soon. I have this horrible habit of making things, writing all the stuff down for a pattern, and then waiting forever to block and photo the item by which time I've lost all my notes and say "screw it, I'll put up a pattern of the next thing ..." In any case, I have high hopes that I will put up a pattern or two in the next couple weeks.

I also moved my dear little lettuce seedlings to their grown-up pots today! We have this wonderful neighborhood gardening collective in Buffalo called Urban Roots where I picked up some potting soil, yet another kind of lettuce seeds, and a few little herb plants. In addition to transplanting the lettuce and putting it outside I put together a nice-sized pot of rosemary and thyme (both of which I bought as plants today) and added in the basil plants I started from seed to live on the windowsill in the kitchen. That way they'll be handy when we want to cook with them. Also, I got a cute little lavender plant to live on the bathroom windowsill. I have this wonderful vision snipping off a few fresh lavender leaves to toss in a hot, relaxing bath at the end of a long day ...

There are lots of gift giving occasions (birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, all that jazz) in my near future so some of my knitting will probably be a secret for a while. I have lots of time (and yarn) but not lots of money so, everyone, expect hand-made gifts! Which is what I usually do anyway I suppose.

Job-wise it looks like news is on the horizon so stay tuned. I promise the next post will at least have a few photos, evidently I am feeling like a slacker today. Just thought it was about time I checked in.

No comments: