Sunday, March 22, 2009

Encouraging Signs

One week in and my seeds have started to sprout! Even though I have a basic understanding of the science that causes plants to grow, every time something I planted from seed begins to appear I can't help but feel like it's a little bit of magic.

The ones in this picture are, I think, snapdragons. I am reminded why I should have labeled the containers: all sprouts look exactly the same at this point. But, I think that the snaps, lettuce, and possibly broccoli have pushed their little green heads up. The last two are even more surprising because earlier this week I accidentally knocked the tray these were in to the floor of the laundry room, completely spilling and jumbling up the contents. So I have no idea what is lettuce and what is broccoli at the moment. Ah well, I'll just let them grow and expect it will become evident which is which in the relatively near future.

No comments: