Thursday, May 8, 2008

Progress report

I've been in a bit of a funk lately but I guess since I've found a real job it's not the end of the world to be in a funk for a few days. Anyway, here's all the latest, knitting and otherwise!

The move to Indy:

Fabulous Boyfriend and I have started doing some apartment research. We'd identified the area(s) of town where we think we'd like to live and I've sent a few preliminary emails to apartment companies. Talked to one rental group today and they wanted a $200 NON-refundable pet deposit AND and extra $15/month rent PER PET (so $30 a month for our two cats), which is the rip off of the century. I mean, gee, all the hot showers the cats take really jack up the water bill?? So, it looks like we will not be renting with that company. I will probably make a visit in June to try to secure a place in advance of our move date which we believe will be July 14th.

The 5K training:

Did I tell you all I'm training for a 5k? A good friend of mine, her husband, and I have been following the Couch to 5k training program. We are on week 5, which means this Saturday is our first 20 minute/2 mile run! Looks like we are on track to participate in the Race For The Cure on June 14th. Running with them has been a great way to stay motivated and ensure I get out of the house to interact with others at least occasionally.

The garden:

My lettuce seems to have survived the transplant to the outdoors. The kitchen herb garden is working out well and I even used some of the basil and rosemary in tonight's dinner.

Knitting:

The swallowtail shawl progresses. It starts in the top center and grows from there so in every repeat of the lace pattern the rows get longer and longer, which makes it seem to go slower and slower. I'm also knitting an abbreviated version of the Montego Bay scarf. I think it will go in with the stuff I'm creating to sell at a music festival in July ... more on that later.

Whatever else it is I do with my time:

I read a great book today called The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. It's a well-woven, matriarchal story and I couldn't put it down. One of those books that you're sad when it's over. Probably most appealing to female readers but definitely recommended.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

knitica said...

I loved The Red Tent!