Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas knitting part 2

So, I am still waiting for photos of these items as modeled by the recipients (ahem, mom and Michelle) but since I know you are all waiting with baited breath here are some photos I took before sending the packages off to their new homes.

Here is the winter set I made for my sister, Michelle. She's a transplant to California so I figured the fingerless mitts and ear-warmer would take the edge off the few cooler days. The scarf pattern is straight from One Skein and I cabled the other two pieces to match. All in all this set took about 1.5 skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca, a yarn I would definitely recommend.


And now, the sweater I knit for my mom (modeled by yours truly ... hopefully the photo will soon be replaced with one of my mom in the sweater). It is my first adult-size sweater and I couldn't be happier with how it came out! It took about 16 balls of Cashmere Luxury Chunky by Knitting Fever (45% Merino, 49% microfiber, 6% Cashmere ... and oh so soft!) I think this yarn may be discontinued as I can no longer find it in the product line on the company website. Good think I hoarded it when I had the chance!

Happy New Year everyone! My Knit-Year's resolution: write a pattern for and create this really cool project I have in my head right now and submit it to knitty! What's the idea? That will have to be a secret for now ... though it just might involve the lovely, golden alpaca silk I bought last week.

What are your Knit-Year's resolutions for 2008? Feel free to share them in the comment section, I'd love to know if anyone actually reads this thing! :)

That's all for this year folks! Peace, health, and happiness to you and your loved ones, today and always.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy moly! That came out so good! I love the fit! I hope your mom likes it. The Thermal that I started last march is still a UFO, but slowly growing bigger(body is done, and i have 80% of one sleeve). I have gotten into the habit of really liking how fine yarn knits up.. which makes everything slow going.. Oh well, KNIT ON!!