Sunday, August 31, 2008

Knitting x 2

I have been invited to a baby shower on Tuesday for one of my new co-workers, which, of course, means it was time to break out the knitting needles! Well, I wasn't specifically invited, everyone at work was invited, but I thought it seemed like a nice opportunity to spend time with new people in a social environment. Plus I just love knitting for babies ... I sort of look at the time spent making that special something as time to meditate and send good energies to this little, unborn child. The kicker with this one is that my co-working is having twins! Hence, knitting x2.

I took this opportunity to bust into my stash and use some of the Blue Sky organic cotton I got at the New York knits close out sale almost a year ago. Luckily I had a skein of bone and a skein of nut so mommy will be able to tell her little angels apart! My favorite old standby for babies, the One Skein Baby Bolero actually calls for Blue Sky organic cotton, making it probably the first time I knit a project in the yarn listed in the pattern! :P

I hope she will like them. I am a little nervous since I don't know her (or anyone here) very well yet ... I mean, it's one thing to make something for close friends and family, but another to knit a gift for a near stranger.

I'll hold off on the photo until after the shower, just in case there are any lurking co-worker readers out there ...

No comments: