Sunday, February 10, 2008

Where has Jen been?

Hello dear readers! Since last we met I opened To Kill A Mockingbird, took a trip to Florida, and finished 2 projects!

First, I polished off the Kathmandu DK shrug I started before Christmas. (Photo pending). My fabulous BF's family had given me a gift certificate to Embraceable Ewe for my birthday in August and here are the results! 85% merino wool, 10% silk, 5% cashmere, very lofty and cozy. Because of it's loftiness, however, be gentle when you give it a tug (ie. preventing ladders on double pointed needles), I actually broke the yarn once or twice before I got used to it.

Side note, this is my first garment of my own design! If you can call it a design ... It's really just a rectangle, joined in to a tube, arms picked up and knit in the round and then a picked up ribbing border around the neck/armholes/back. Tres simple but fun none the less.

Next, I finished the 2nd Wabenshal. Hooray! Okay, I actually still need to weave in the ends and block it. Still, soon I can hand it over to my co-worker and collect my first knitting-based earnings. Maybe this is the start of something ...

Next time on knitjenious: tales of my travels, a review of a great Orlando-area yarn store, and a sneak peak of the knitting near-future!

No comments: