Saturday, February 23, 2008

Denied!

Our first attempt at visiting a Florida knitting store was less than successful. This store was CLOSED! Sigh.

Luckily just a few days later Lilly and I hit up a fabulous knitting store in Maitland, FL, Sip and Knit. Being a warm climate knitting store they had the most wonderful selection of cottons, silks, and bamboos I have ever seen! Knowing this would probably be my last knitting store splurge for a while I went a little nuts and added 3 projects worth of yarn to my stash ...

On the left is Hempathy, which I plan to make either into an empire waist camisole tank or maybe a lacy skirt. In the center is Sidar Baby Bamboo, and oh my goodness is it soft and wonderfully drapey! I am thinking this will probably be a summery baby dress for the new niece I mentioned yesterday. Sort of graduated colors, light grey to green to putty, with the pink for some accents ... Last is some Rowan wool cotton, which I plan to make into a striped baby sweater for yet another new arrival expected in the fall by some good friends in Buffalo. Babies babies babies!!! Freaks me out! I guess it's all part of being nearly thirty.

Speaking of babies, on the Florida trip I got to meet my fabulous BF's nephew, who is the CUTEST 14 MONTH OLD EVER!! He was totally my buddy. Which is saying something because I haven't always had a track record of being a "kid person".

The BF is out of town this weekend so I'm enjoying a much needed day of lounging in my pajamas (and knitting, of course). I may finally get around to photographing my stash for Ravelry.

Coming up on knitjenious: photos of the Kathmandu DK shrug and a preview of my Montego Bay scarf.

No comments: