Saturday, June 14, 2008

Run like the wind!

Today was the big Race for the Cure 5k ... I finished in 30 minutes 16 seconds. Yea! My goal was under 32 minutes (which would be a 10 minute mile pace) so I did better than I hoped! I am very proud of both my running partner and I for all our hard work over the last 7 weeks. I have to put in a big endorsement for the Couch to 5K training program, which is what we followed. It's a great way to gradually work up to a 3 mile run.

Thank you to everyone who has written or called to ask about my dad and step-mom in Cedar Rapids. They've apparently been taking on some water in the their basement and are trying to keep it out of the carpet with a shop-vac every few hours but, while there is a very real risk of developing mold in the walls and carpet, they are indeed safe and at least 20 blocks from the flood zone. The biggest concern right now is the lack of drinking water and the inability for the city to receive supplies since most of the major highways are closed until the water recedes.

More updates to come about the Indy move (and maybe I'll get around to talking about some knitting eventually ...) Until then, have a great weekend!!

No comments: